Should you build links to your mobile sites?
I don’t think it’s a good idea if you plan to throw a lot of them at a mobile site. Why? Links pointing to a mobile site are not easy to implement given the nature of mobile hardware, it’s highly doubtful a reporter or blogger will link to a mobile version of a story from a mobile version.
Especially if the content is another “Top 10” type post. If world breaking news pops up and the only place it can be found is on a mobile web page then sure, you’ll probably see inbound links but that rarely happens even on nationally branded sites.
Don’t get caught up in the latest scheme by a link company trying to make a buck off all the attention around mobile. Mobile deserves the attention but until this landscape settles out and we see where and how it’s being used, indexed and treated by the search engines, stick to desktop linking.
Here are a couple links to various opinions on the subject, happy reading!
- How To Make Your Mobile Site SEO Friendly
(skip down to Mobile Links section if you only want to read about links)
- Are Mobile Links Less Valuable Than Desktop Links?
- How To Repurpose Old Content With New Images For More Links - May 7, 2017
- Ten Podcasting Tools and Resources For Link Building - May 7, 2017
- How To Use Flattery To Snag An Influencer - May 5, 2017